Eight men's teams and eight women's teams will meet in the quarterfinal round of the 2010 University Basketball Association (UBA) season starting February 22 to vie for berths in the semifinal round.
Eight men's teams will play a single round robin schedule in the quarterfinal round from Feb. 22-March 3 with the top four teams advancing to the crossover semifinal, where the No. 1 seed meets the No. 4 and No. 2 seed meets the No. 3, and the remaining teams playing in the 5th-8th place classification games.
Eight women's teams will also play a single round robin round in the quarterfinal from Feb. 24-March 3. The competition format will be different from men though. After the single round robin competition, the top seed will meet No.8, No.2 meets No. 7, No. 3 meets No. 6 and No. 4 meets No. 5 for an additional game. Winners of these games advance to the semifinal while losers play in the 5th-8th place classification games.
The men's and women's semifinal round will be played in Chinese Culture University from March 7-9.
Men's First Round Standing:
(Top eight teams advanced to the quarterfinal round)
1. National Taiwan Normal University (NTNU) 9-2
2. Min Dao University (MDU) 9-2
3. Chinese Culture University (CCU) 8-3
4. National Taiwan University of Art (NTUA) 8-3
5. Hsing Wu College (HWC) 6-5
6. Fu Jen Catholic University (FJU) 6-5
7. National Taiwan College of Physical Education (NTCPE) 5-6
8. Diwan University (DWU) 4-7
9. National Dong Hwa University (NDHU) 4-7
10. National Taiwan Sport University (NTSU) 3-8
11. National Kaohsiung Normal University (NKNU) 2-9
12. Taipei Physical Education College (TPEC) 2-9
Women's Final Eight:
Chinese Culture University (CCU)
Taipei Physical Education College (TPEC)
National Taiwan College of Physical Education (NTCPE)
National Taiwan Normal University (NTNU)
Fo Guang University (FGU)
Taipei Municiple University of Education (TMUE)
Fu Jen Catholic University (FJU)
National Taipei University (NTU)